Friday, September 18, 2009

Wednesday night shooting

Being that I'll be unable to go shooting during my usual slot Saturday morning, I went shooting Wednesday evening. One of the joys of shooting at 7AM Saturday and Sunday mornings is that I'm the only fool, er, um, uh, dedicated shooter in the building. On a Wednesday evening at 7PM, though, I'm never alone. Not that it's crowded, but there's always at least one other person there.

This past Wednesday evening, it was someone I'd seen there once before. He worked at the university a few minutes away for many years and acted as the coach of the shooting team there. (Given that this is a liberal Northeastern university, I was a bit surprised that they allowed a shooting team, but maybe they slipped under the radar. It probably helps that they don't shoot on university property.)

Given that he seems to be pretty serious about his shooting, I try to be a little bit more polite than usual -- no sudden movements and no noise while he's shooting so I won't disturb his concentration. Maybe this concentration on being polite was what had me otherwise so distracted. My shooting was all over the place. I shot well when I managed to maintain my focus, but I wasn't doing a good job of it. On the light rifle target, I managed to drop two shots down to the 6 ring. This dropped the total to a 76. Guh.

No comments:

Post a Comment