Monday, September 21, 2009

The socialized medicine game

Whenever someone comments that socialized medicine isn't so bad, I want to suggest this game to them:

Let's you and I go down to the local hospital. I'll take a checkbook, and you take a loaded gun. We'll pick out someone with an outstanding balance on their account. If I don't write out a check to pay this person's medical bills, you put the gun to my head and pull the trigger.

Obviously, I've been affected a lot by Atlas Shrugged. Or we could do the Godfather version:

Let's you and I go down to the hospital. I'll take a checkbook, and we'll pick out someone with an outstanding balance on their account. If I don't write out a check to pay this person's medical bills, you wait until I go home and go to bed and then put a horse's head under the covers for me to find when I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment