Saturday, September 12, 2009

Morning shooting

On the weekends, my wife and I split the child-care duties. I typically get the morning off, and she gets the afternoon off. I work my shooting into this schedule by going at 7 AM both mornings.

I went this morning, got ready, put up a 50 foot target, take a deep breath and take my first shot. A perfect 10. (On the 50-foot smallbore target, the 10 ring is really close to .22 inches.) Wow! I'm an excellent shot! My second shot hits at 5:00 outside the 5 ring. Oh, well. Need to work on the consistency. And need to maintain expectations.

On the whole, not too bad. I'm starting to get more shots inside the 9 ring, which makes me happy. On my practice A-32 target (the target for NRA light rifle, which I'm getting into this fall), I shot an 81. More 9's than last week's 82, but obviously more 7's, too. But still above 80.

This rifle has the Tech Sights sights on it. I've also recently bought a second 10/22 to put a scope on. I mounted the scope this week, and I sighted it in this morning. No off-hand shooting with it, though. I want to replace the trigger first. The factory job is awful.

The new 10/22 has the reasonable magazine release lever, which is nice. Unfortunately, it appears that the magazine will only release if the bolt is locked back. Don't know that I care for that feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment