Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On the internet...

nobody knows you're a rabble-rousing former governor of Virginia.

Last night, I looked at the Wikipedia entry for my namesake (pseudo-namesake? pseudonym-sake?), and I discovered a number of interesting coincidences.

First off was the one that was so blatantly obvious that I never thought about it. I grew up in Kingsport, TN, where the original Fort Patrick Henry was located and current site of the Fort Patrick Henry Dam. The dam is just off Fort Henry Drive, which leads to the Fort Henry Mall, where I spent some amount of time as a teenager.

Beyond that, I discovered that Patrick Henry was instrumental in founding Hampden-Sydney College, which was one of my choices for college. Emory & Henry College was another choice, and was named in his honor.

Oh, yeah, and there was also the stuff about being strongly in favor of the Bill of Rights and worrying that the presidency could eventually become the equivalent of a monarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment