Sunday, September 20, 2009

Playing Sergeant York

Sergeant York is one of my favorite movies. It happened to be on TV one Saturday morning recently as I was flipping around, so I left it there for a bit. My 5-year-old son watched most of it (while simultaneously playing with Legos.) I have it on DVD, so I popped it in about a week later and let him watch it again.

Of course, his favorite parts of the movie are the fighting parts, but he also watched most of the rest of it, including the shooting match. A week or so later, we were playing in the back yard. I wasn't focusing on him, so it took a few minutes before I realized what he was doing. He was standing behind a tree poking a long stick out and making gobbling sounds.

I'm really looking forward to introducing him to shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment