Sunday, November 22, 2009

This week's shooting

Wednesday morning, I had the chance to try out the new barrel on my 10/22. I'd like to say that it's a tack driver, but that would imply that I can shoot well enough to determine that. I shot the light rifle course of fire benchrest with it and shot a 384/400. Note that this was with a 4x scope, so it's entirely feasible I could have done better with a better scope. OTOH, it could just be me. (For comparison, the Master's-level shooters are shooting in the 380's in our club's light rifle competition. Standing.)

I did give it a try standing, and I shot an 89 and a 91. I didn't have time to shoot the whole course of fire, but I was pleased. (Again, for comparison, I've shot 91 a couple of times with my other 10/22 and its stock barrel.)

This week, I decided to replace the Tech Sights on my other 10/22 with a scope. So I'll be shooting that one scoped from now on.

I shot pretty well yesterday morning. I was under a time constraint, so I rushed my last few shots. Specifically, my last three shots were 7's. While it's certainly conceivable that those would have been 7's, anyway, it did lower my score to a 344. I was a bit disappointed that I could have shot anywhere from a 347 to a 350 if I hadn't dropped those three, but I'm still reasonably happy with the 344.

This morning's shooting went well, too. I shot the light rifle course twice, shooting a 342 the first time and a 346 the second time. I'm pretty pleased with how I'm doing, specifically that I'm consistently shooting in the 340's.

No comments:

Post a Comment