Sunday, November 29, 2009

Post-Thanksgiving shooting

We fot back early this morning from our Thanksgiving trip to see my parents. We aimed to arrive at 3AM, and we pulled in around 2:56. Not too shabby. (This target time was intended to minimize the amount of time we had to spend in the car while the kids were awake while also maximizing the amount of time they'd sleep once we got home.)

I went shooting this afternoon after my wife got up from her nap. Again, not too shabby. I started out pretty poor with an 82, but then shot an 89, 91, and 90-1x to end up with a 352-1X. On the second relay, I shot an 86, 89, 88-1X and 91 for a 354-1X. I'm definitely improving.

Of these 80 shots, 9 were outside the black (6's or 7's), 5 in the first relay and 4 in the second. Had I been able to bring those into the black, I would have shot a 357 and a 358. I'm obviously making progress at bringing those in, but it's frustrating to keep seeing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment