Monday, November 16, 2009

SSAFU

Shooting schedule -- all fouled up.

I didn't get to go shooting this weekend. My wife's flight left late Saturday evening, so I would certainly have had time to go Saturday morning, but Friday evening, she had an accident that required some emergency dental work first thing Saturday morning.

I did get to go this morning, though, while my son was in school and my mother-in-law had the twins. Nothing to write home about (although apparently worth blogging ;-). A 329 and a 340-2x. The 340 actually could have been a bit better. I was on my way to shooting a high 80's or possibly a 90 on my first target. I was sitting at 80 after 9 shots, and my tenth shot went high. Non-scoring high. Guh. I lost focus from having shot so well on that target up to that point.

After I got home and ate lunch, a package arrived. I'd ordered a Butler Creek target barrel/stock combo for my other 10/22. The leaves needed raking, though, and then kids needed attention, so I didn't have the chance to play with things until after bedtime. The stock was a bit of a tight fit, but everything's assembled now. With luck, I'll be able to try it out Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment