Monday, November 30, 2009

I am the child who says, "Nu!"

This was a fairly perfect setup: On Thursday, at my parents with other cousins there, my 5-year-old son was walking in circles in the den saying, "Nu!" Mind you, he's never seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail, so he didn't get the joke when I corrected him to say, "Ni!"

And by amazing coincidence, my high-school-aged nephew actually had the DVD in his laptop at the time, so my son got to see it. He was a bit bored during the credits, but enjoyed the movie afterwards. Now he keeps asking to see that movie "with the knights dancing on the table."

2 comments:

  1. Excellent. Teach a new generation.

    I remember an archaeology professor complaining that fewer students got her Python references each semester.

    [Wonderful woman in general; she took the class to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to point out all the fake artifacts.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. And tonight, he was running around banging two plastic balls together pretending they were two halves of a coconut.

    ReplyDelete