Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Last night's shooting

It occurs to me that I'm not terribly creative when it comes to titles for my blog entries. This isn't the first one titled, "Last night's shooting."

Last night was Tuesday night, which means that it was my clubs weekly Light Rifle competition. I got two weeks' worth of results (I missed a week and shot a make-up.) A 339 and a 341-1X. I'm certainly doing better, up from my initial scores in the low 330's.

Last night's score was somewhere in the high 330's. I started off exceptionally well, with 87 or 88 on the first two targets (depending on how the official scoring goes.) I then hit a slump on the third target, somewhere around 80-81, and came back up a bit on the fourth target. We'll see how the official scoring goes.

The highlight of the night was the one target I shot two almost-perfect 10's on. The sight picture was perfect, the trigger pull was perfect, and I managed to do that twice consecutively. Now if only I could do that on every shot, I'd be a happy camper. I'd even settle for a 9 here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment