Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend shooting

The shooting this weekend wasn't too bad. Instead of shooting the A-17 target, as I've been doing for a while, I shot the A-32 target to practice for our club's light rifle competition. The course of fire is 40 shots, 10 each on 4 targets, for a possible 400 points. My score for the first week was 331. My goal is to be consistently above 360.

Saturday morning was my best shooting. I shot 3x87 and an 81, for a total of 342. Certainly an improvement. I didn't shoot quite as well this morning. I shot the course of fire twice for a 326 and a 322. The low score on each of those reflects the one dropped shot for each. (Well, I should probably say "misses". I'm starting to think of 7's as dropped shots.) Had each of those been hits in the 6 ring, I would have a 342 and a 338. As it is, I had 13 10's out of those 80 shots this morning. Certainly not world class, but my focus is definitely getting better.

Because it occurred to me to think of it, and because I made the comment above about considering 7's as dropped shots, I counted my shots that hit outside the black: 7/40 Saturday morning, 14/80 Sunday morning. Consistent, at least. I'm hitting 82.5% in the black.

No comments:

Post a Comment