Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend shooting

This weekend's shooting wasn't that great. Well, okay, it sucked outright.

After picking up some tips earlier this week, I was excited to spend more time trying them out. I tried them out last night and this morning, with disastrous results.

To be honest, though, I'm comparing my performance to my expectations. Given that I was trying out new techniques, I should have expected my performance to be worse initially. It was, and I managed to get better as I shot more.

I was also shooting the A-17 target, which has a smaller scoring circle than the A-32 target used in light rifle competition. I threw up an A-32 and shot an 89, better than I did in competition last week, so that was a nice confidence booster. I'd been hoping to shoot in the 70's, though, on the A-17, and the best I did was a 65.

Oh, well, at least I know what I need to work on. Trigger control seems to be my bane right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment