Friday, October 2, 2009

Shooting with the wife

I used to go shooting with my wife (well, at the time, she was my girlfriend) back before the Great Gun Hiatus (1998-2008.) She didn't go shooting with me every time I went, but she probably came with me once or twice a month. And she certainly wasn't the gun nut I was, but she definitely enjoyed it.

She'd arranged to have a babysitter tonight so we could go out to dinner, but forgot about it until the sitter showed up just as we were finishing eating. So instead of going out for dinner, we went shooting. It was the first time for her in over ten years, and she did pretty well. We were shooting a .22 pistol, so there wasn't that much recoil or noise, but she wasn't flinching at all. Her consistency was pretty good -- she was shooting very consistently in the lower left quadrant of the target.

She's looking forward to going more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment