Monday, December 7, 2009

Rapid fire better than slow fire

Well, okay, it's a bit premature to say that, and it probably wouldn't hold up if I were to do a serious long-term comparison of the two. But it was an interesting experience.

I was shooting Sunday afternoon, practicing for my club's Light Rifle competition. I'd done reasonably well on the first set of targets (a 344.) I did reasonably well on the first two targets of the second set, an 86 and an 89. Then I shot a 79 on the third target. This was probably a result of still being tired from the 10-hour snowy drive of the day before, but I just couldn't make any decent shots. I got frustrated (again, probably from being tired), and I shot the last target in rapid-fire mode, just firing as fast as I could while keeping the target in my sights. I probably fired all 10 rounds in a minute, maybe less.

And I shot an 86.

No comments:

Post a Comment