Sunday, December 13, 2009

Good shooting

Woohoo! I actually shot a 360 this afternoon. That currently stands as my best score on the light rifle target.

So, how'd I get there? Yesterday, I was shooting with my fairly-stock 10/22. (It's had some minor part replacements, but I've not replaced the barrel.) My shooting was pretty abysmal, low 80's and high 70's. I decided to try my heavy-barreled 10/22 this afternoon. I still didn't shoot well, a 332. Benchrest showed a larger grouping than that barrel should produce, so I tried some Eley Target ammo I'd gotten recently (rather than the el-cheapo ammo I'd been using.) That made a significant difference. I shot a 91, 90, 88, and 91 for that 360.

It remains to be seen if I can reproduce that, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment