Saturday, December 19, 2009

Amazing shooting

Okay, so maybe it's not that amazing for other people, but this was pretty significant for me.

I went this afternoon to practice for my club's light rifle competition. I shot a 368, consisting of a 94, 93, 93, and an 88. I was disappointed that I dropped so low on the last target, 'cause after the third target I had visions of shooting a 370. I would have been astounded had I done so, but I'm still pretty excited that I managed to shoot a 368.

(As some measure of what this means, 368 is the lower limit for the Expert classification for light rifle standing. Given that I'm currently shooting Marksman, that would mean skipping Sharpshooter altogether. Assuming, of course, that I could shoot 368 or better consistently in competition, which I haven't done yet. But it is nice to see that I'm making significant progress.)

No comments:

Post a Comment