Wednesday, March 10, 2010

USRA postal match over

Well, it's over for me, at least. It was a ten-week pistol match, and I just shot my tenth set of targets.

I was shooting a .22 National Match Course, 10 shots each of slow, timed, and rapid fire (indoors at 50 feet.) My score for the first week of shooting was a 217. I worked my way up to a 252 in the 9th week and ended with a 245 in week 10. Even better, I shot a 96 on my last timed-fire target, of which the first 5-shot string was perfect. (Of course, that also means that I shot a combined 149 on my slow and rapid-fire targets, a 72 and 77 respectively.)

I'm looking forward to doing more of this. Summer's coming up, so there'll be all of the outdoors 2700's to shoot. I don't have a reasonable .45 bullseye gun yet, but I hope to remedy that soon. (Blasted stupid pistol purchase permit system. In any reasonable state, I'd have that gun by now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment