Monday, June 28, 2010

WOOHOO!

No, this isn't actually about the Supreme Court decision that was just handed down. This actually has to so with the 2700 I shot this past weekend.

The 2700 was at my home club (and it was actually the first time I'd shot at our outdoors pistol range.) The "WOOHOO!" is because I shot my best score yet, a 2365. Even though I'd managed to get my trigger control on the .45 up-to-snuff in practice, I hadn't yet demonstrated this in competition. I shot a 2148 the previous weekend, which was my best score at the time, but not quite what I'd been hoping for.

I shot a 797 .22 aggregate, an 800 centerfire aggregate (using the 1911, and including a 97 rapid fire), and a 768 .45 aggregate. I was surprised to have shot better with the .45 that the .22, but certainly pleasantly surprised.

Now I await the official results to see how I did compared to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment