Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The most recent 2700

I went to another 2700 this past weekend, again at Central Jersey.

I had a frustrating alibi on one of the .22 timed-fire stages. I had a failure-to-eject on the first round of the first string, which was all well and good, as these things happen, and you get to reshoot. But then I had another FTE on the first round of the second string. You only get the one alibi per stage, so my only other option was clearing the gun and continuing the string. I didn't manage to get any other shots off in the string, so I ended up with four misses on that stage. Which was pretty annoying, as I ended up eight points short of a sharpshooter score on the .22 aggregate. And had I scored at least a 33 for those four shots (which is well within the realm of possibility), I would have ended up third in the Marksman grand aggregate.

The other interesting item from this 2700 was that I demonstrated my newfound trigger control on the .45 -- well, at least for one match. I managed to shoot a 181-6x on the .45 timed-fire match (a 90 and a 91), narrowly squeaking out a victory over the 181-4x fired by the second-place shooter.

I'm definitely making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment