Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend shooting

In my ongoing efforts to demonstrate just how boring the lives of real gun owners are, I discuss this weekend's shooting:

There's a group that gets together to shoot smallbore on Saturday afternoons, and I've started shooting with them. Even though things are fairly quiet once the shooting gets going, there's a lot of conversation before and after, and that's always fun. I'm the new guy, and the others have known each other for years, so I'm mostly listening, but it's still interesting.

On Saturday, I chose to shoot a make-up for the night we missed because of snow. I didn't shoot horribly (a 354 or so), but if I'd chosen to do this Sunday morning, I would have been a lot happier (a 368-2X, the second time I've shot a 368.) But once I'm shooting 368's consistently, I'm bound to shoot one officially.

I also practiced a bit with pistol, and then shot my first for-the-record .22 National Match course. I have a lot of work to do here: slow-fire 79, timed-fire 84 and rapid-fire 59, for a 222. Even though this isn't an NRA match, sharpshooter for this course is 255. It's good that I'm starting out poorly, as it will make my progress seem that much more impressive. ;-)

And in other news, I've ordered a Compass Lake dedicated .22 upper for my AR. Once that arrives, my modified 10/22 will probably start suffering from lack of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment