Monday, January 18, 2010

Recent shooting

Ah, the joy of three-day weekends -- getting to shoot three consecutive days.

My shooting Saturday afternoon was fairly mediocre. I started off well, shooting a 92. I followed that up with a 90. I dipped a bit on the next target, an 87. And then I fell off the cliff on the last target, shooting an 84. In all, a 353, but I want to do better than that.

Sunday morning, I ran up against a full-day's schedule of matches at my club, so my shooting was a bit abbreviated. (Upon learning there were matches, I offered to help get the ranges set up, and the match director graciously allowed me to shoot a bit afterwards, given that there were a couple of hours before the matches were going to start.) I concentrated on pistol, given that I need a lot of work there.

This morning was much better. I started out with a 95 before falling to a 91 and then recovering with two 92's for a total of (Woohoo!) 370, the best I've shot yet. It's nice to break that round-number barrier.

I spent time on pistol each day, just slow-fire. At the moment I'm working on getting consistently above 80. My final this morning was an 86 (well, 130 for 15 rounds, or 86.667), but that was an outlier WRT the rest of my practice. But I'm just getting started in pistol competition, so I expect I'll improve similarly to how I improved with light rifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment