Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bullseye match this weekend

I shot another 2700 this past weekend at Central Jersey. I learned a couple of
things during the match:

- If the safety on your gun happens to move up just enough to prevent the gun fr
om firing, that doesn't count as an alibi. (An alibi is some sort of mechanical failure that prevents you from finishing a stage, or at least prevents you from having adequate time to shoot your timed- or rapid-fire stage.) I lost three s
hots as a result. Oh, well, live and learn.

- I need a lot more work on my trigger control. I have no problem with the trig
ger on my .22, but I continue to shoot low and to the left on the .45. I was ac
tually able to correct this a bit during the match and ended up shooting a bette
r .45 aggregate than my center-fire aggregate. But my score still wasn't what i
t really should be.

The results just came out this morning. I was a bit surprised to see that I won
the .22 slow-fire match for marksmen. I was even more surprised to see that I
came in second for the .45 slow-fire match.

No comments:

Post a Comment