Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Better bullseye shooting

So I've gotten into this whole bullseye shooting thing, where a full match is called a 2700 (because there's a theoretical maximum 2700 points.) A 2700 is broken up into three 900's. Each 900 consists of 30 rounds fired slow-fire, 30 rounds timed-fire (four seconds per shot, on average), and 30 rounds rapid-fire (two seconds per shot.) The best I'd done so far for a .22 900 was 781. Yesterday, I was at the range and fired a 900 for practice and shot an 822. That's 91.3%, which is an Expert score (85% being the boundary for Sharpshooter and 90% for Expert.) And that included a 98-4x timed-fire target. I have yet to clean a target (i.e., all 10's and X's), but I won't be surprised if I clean one this year.

It had actually been a few weeks since I'd shot .22. I've been working exclusively with the .45, which is currently a borrowed .45 until the one I have on order comes in. My trigger control needs a lot of work on the .45, so that's what I've been working on. I'm getting a bit better, but I do need a lot of work, as my scores have been hovering in the low 80's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment