Monday, April 19, 2010

Shooting my BAG day gun

I received my BAG day gun a week ago, but I didn't get a chance to shoot it last weekend. I needed to move a scope over to this one, but the rings I had been using were too low for that scope on this gun, so I ordered a new set of rings. I finally got the scope mounted and got the gun out to the range early Sunday morning to try it out.

I zeroed the scope and then shot the light rifle course I'd shot in my club's informal Tuesday night league over the winter. I was pretty happy with how I did. I shot a 376, consisting of a 97, 96, 93 and 90. Compare this to the high 350's I'd been shooting in competition and the mid 360's I'd been shooting in practice, and I'm pretty happy. 376 is the floor for Master on that course, so if I can keep doing that well, I'll be pretty excited.

This is my first bolt gun, so it's an interesting experience. A couple of times, I found myself shouldering the gun for the next shot, trying to pull the trigger, and realizing that I hadn't cycled the action. But it was certainly nice to have all my brass sitting there right next to me instead of having to sweep it all up when I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment