Friday, September 3, 2010

Sharpshooter

I got my sharpshooter card in the mail yesterday. I shot my second qualifying score about a month and a half ago, so it was just a matter of time.

I have two more outdoor matches scheduled this year. My hope is to shoot well enough in both to make it up to expert this year. It's not entirely infeasible, as I just need to get up to 2430, and I've already broken 2400. I just need to find an extra 10 points per gun. I really should be able to find an extra 10 points in the .22 aggregate. My 2400 included a mediocre 812 on .22. There's no reason (aside from the ones I come up with after the fact) that I shouldn't even be able to squeeze an extra 20 points out here. I've also broken 800 on .45 a few times, so if I can manage to do that again, that would put me over 2430. Of course, that all depend on the loose nut behind the trigger, so we'll see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment